Thursday, November 10, 2016

Morning Trump


5:30 AM Eastern Time - Wendesday, November 9, 2016

The TV was still on... CNN banners ran over the screen and Wolf Blitzer's exhausted voice rang out."In a stunning upset, Donald Trump has won the electoral college"




I peeled back the covers .. "Wha..what Happened??!!"  I recalled marking my ballot for Hillary. I'd traced over it so many times..OMG! - What if I 'd torn the paper and my vote didn't count!! I considered alerting the local Election board - there had to be thousands more like me.. 


The NY banner rolled by - Clinton had nailed my home town with 58.8%  of the popular vote. And 61.5% in California. But Wolf's voice rose an octave - 


"Breaking News. CNN is reporting that Donald Trump has been declared the 45th President of the United States" 


5:40 AM Wednesday, November 9, 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment